Summary: The Pastor of Community Life & Care is responsible to give vision, direction, oversight and structure to the adult community of Bucks County Community Church (BCCC). The core purpose is to make disciples of Jesus Christ through biblical instruction, fellowship and care throughout the body.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee small groups by…
a. enlisting, equipping and empowering individuals to lead small groups
b. providing training workshops and resources for leaders
c. critiquing group curriculums prior to utilization
2. Assist in developing the discipleship and spiritual formation of all BCCC members and attenders through ACE classes and CLASS 301: Discovering My Ministry.
3. Provide spiritual, theological and moral training and development through formal and informal teaching, and accountability efforts.
4. Build and oversee a team of volunteers and lay leaders to assist in the shepherding process.
5. Coordinate activities and meetings to facilitate growth and fellowship.
6. Invest directly in the lives of individuals by demonstrating love, compassion and genuine interest in individuals' well-being.
1. Assist the Lead Pastor with discipleship, community building and pastoral care responsibilities.
2. Collaborate with the Pastor and lay leaders to develop and execute the vision of BCCC to make mature disciples who make disciples.
3. Attend Elder meetings
4. Attend Leadership Prayer Breakfasts
To assist in caring for the body of Christ by recruiting, training, and overseeing coordinators and volunteers in the Congregational Care Ministry.
- Serve as the first point of contact for congregational care needs.
- Oversee and manage volunteers who address congregational care needs (e.g., lay counseling, hospital visitations, and widow support.
- Cast vision and provide evaluation tools to Care Ministry volunteers so as to improve areas of care on an ongoing basis
- Conduct recurring training for Care Ministry volunteers
- Develop relationships and knowledge of local counselors for referrals
- Ensure that all care group members are ministered to regularly as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings to assess performance and provide feedback
- Report ministry status and progress to Lead Pastor
- Supervisory skills including giving clear expectations and direction
- Project management skills including developing a plan, achieving objectives, and communicating progress
- Team-building skills including recruitment, mentoring, and developing strengths within team members
- Ability to model a professional demeanor, servant’s heart, and a “can-do” attitude
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Has a clear calling to the office of pastor and a lifestyle consistent with the qualifications explained in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Demonstrates a steadfast commitment to doctrinal and relational maturity with the desire for ongoing personal, spiritual growth.
- Exhibits clear evidence of strong integrity, maturity, and morality.
- Be willing to work a non-traditional, flexible work schedule in order to accommodate typical ministry needs and demands.
- Ability to manage and work well with others in all age groups and maturity levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible or related theological degree, or commensurate ministry training, experience and aptitude.
- Commitment to and passion for evangelism within the context of the local church, the surrounding community and the world.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Genuine commitment to the ministry and mission of BCCC.
- Full agreement with the doctrinal statement of BCCC.
- Willingness and commitment to put the needs, interests and unity of the church ahead of personal preference or conviction.
- Clear demonstration of humility and a teachable spirit.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.